You may qualify to participate if you:
- Are willing and able to provide written informed consent
- Are willing and able to provide appropriate photo identification
- Are 18 years of age or over
- Live within 4 hours of Boston, MA
- Have been diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease
- Have active disease (currently treating disease symptoms and/or medical records verify active disease by treating physician’s clinical notes)
- Have endoscopic examination results available to assess colonic and ileal involvement.
You may not qualify to participate if you:
- Have a known history of HIV or a hepatitis virus
- Had excess blood loss including blood donation defined as 250 mL in the last month or 500 mL in the last two months
- Have used an investigational product or biologics within 30 days prior to enrollment
- Have used mycophenolic acid, tacrolimus, cyclosporine, sirolimus, thalidomide or related compounds, methotrexate, or apheresis-related therapy within 2 months of sample collection
- Have used oral corticosteroids at a dose > 20mg/day, or intravenous corticosteroids within 3 weeks of sample collection
- Changed azathioprine/6-MP dose within 8 weeks of sample collection
- Changed topical treatment within 3 weeks of sample collection
- Are pregnant
As a thank you for your time, we will provide you with a $50 deposit on a MasterCard gift card for each home visit. The balance will be available to you within 24 hours of your appointment. You can use this card wherever MasterCard is accepted.
We are currently seeking Crohn’s disease patients to donate a small sample of blood from the comfort of their own home.
The goal of this study is to identify biomarkers in the blood of Crohn’s disease patients that may be used to develop better diagnostics and treatments for Crohn’s disease.
The Moral Behind Our Story
We are the missing link in clinical trials, connecting patients and researchers seamlessly and conveniently using a mobile health platform to advance medical research. We believe it should be easy for patients to contribute to the advancement of research for medical conditions that matter most to them, regardless of their location or ability to travel.
Our mobile staff covers the US, Canada and parts of Europe. Each staff member is trained on study specific protocols and carries the credentials necessary to conduct clinical trial procedures in the patient’s home.
The Key to Success is Swiftness
Once you sign up, we will review your health profile and contact you if you might qualify for a research study. If you may qualify for a study, a clinical research coordinator will contact you within 48 hours to confirm your health information and tell you more about what is required to participate in a certain study.
When you are ready to be scheduled, your clinical research coordinator will work with you to schedule an at-home visit. One of Sanguine’s mobile health staff members will meet you in the privacy and comfort of your home to explain the research study and perform the blood collection.