You may qualify to participate if:
- You are willing and able to provide a written parental informed consent and documented verbal/written assent for your child
- Your child is between the ages of 3 and 17
- You and your child live in the Boston area
- Your child is in general good health
You may not qualify to participate if:
- Your child has uncontrolled medical conditions or significant health issues
- Your child has a clinical diagnosis of any acute or chronic autoimmune disease
- Your child is pregnant
- Your child had excess blood loss including blood donation defined as 250 mL in the last month or 500 mL in the last two months
- Your child used investigational drugs within 3 months of participation
- Your child was a recent recipient of any licensed or investigational live attenuated vaccines within 6 weeks of participation
- Your child has ongoing acute infections
- Your child has any sign or diagnosis of significant chronic active infection
- Your child currently uses or used immunomodulators or systemic steroids in the last 2 months that could potentially affect immunologic status
As a thank you for your time, we will provide you with a $50 deposit on a MasterCard gift card for each home visit. The balance will be available to you within 24 hours of your appointment. You can use this card wherever MasterCard is accepted.
Developing a new medicine takes an average of at least 10 years. If you and your child are willing to participate in a one-time blood donation conducted from the comfort of your own home in the Boston area, you could help researchers to accelerate this process.
The Moral Behind Our Story
We are the missing link in clinical trials, connecting patients and researchers seamlessly and conveniently using a mobile health platform to advance medical research. We believe it should be easy for patients to contribute to the advancement of research for medical conditions that matter most to them, regardless of their location or ability to travel.
Our mobile staff covers the US, Canada and parts of Europe. Each staff member is trained on study specific protocols and carries the credentials necessary to conduct clinical trial procedures in the patient’s home.
The Key to Success is Swiftness
Once you sign up, we will review your health profile and contact you if you might qualify for a research study. If you may qualify for a study, a clinical research coordinator will contact you within 48 hours to confirm your health information and tell you more about what is required to participate in a certain study.
When you are ready to be scheduled, your clinical research coordinator will work with you to schedule an at-home visit. One of Sanguine’s mobile health staff members will meet you in the privacy and comfort of your home to explain the research study and perform the blood collection.